Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Starting fires and other such fun.

This week I accidentally started a fire at work. The worst part about it? It was a toaster oven fire. Yes, you know the stupid ones that everyone (including The Office) has made fun of, because you really have to be doing something stupid to start it. This fire was not an exception to that rule.

At my current place of work, when we have one of our clients dogs die, we imprint their paws in clay. It's a nice way to remember them. Well, once we imprint the paw, we cook them in a toaster oven and send them to the client. Friday morning, I was cooking a clay paw print, like I usually do. The only problem was I forgot to double check all the settings. I guess someone had changed the heat setting from 350 degrees to 500 degrees. I sat it in the oven, turned the timer on and continued on with my work, as per usual. One of my coworkers happened to walk by it about 10 minutes later, and found the whole thing in flames! Needless to say, the section the oven was in was filled with smoke, and we had to vent the area. No one was hurt and nothing but the toaster oven was damaged. But I can tell you it was very embarrassing. Especially since most everyone in the building heard about it, and knew it was me


Lesson learned. ALWAYS CHECK ALL THE SETTINGS!!

Anyway... lets see what else is on my mind?! Hmmm... I leave for Utah again in 2 days! I am sooo excited for this trip! I get to see my family, go to my Best friends wedding, as well as meet my cousins new baby! I cant wait!
I also think I have officially got over all my boys I needed to get over! ( YAY ME!!) I now need a new crush though. I definitely think crushes are fun, and exciting and life can be kind of boring when you have no crushes! I am not too concerned about finding one too fast though, it's kind of nice not having any boy stress! :D I think I am climbing out of my rut, and I am excited to see what happens now!

I have decided to go fully organic in my eating. It's taking a while to switch over, but I am hoping in a few more weeks, I will no longer have any "junk food" in my house! I have noticed a huge difference in myself with just the little changes I have made so far. Life right now is full of endless possibilities and it just keeps getting better! :D

Well, that's all I have to say right now, as I still need to get to the gym and workout. :D

From my mind to yours!

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment