It's finally November, and as we all know, November is a Month of gratitude. It is also No Shave November. For today though I want to talk about gratitude.
Today in church we talked about graditude and the lords tender mercies. A friend of mine said " Tender Mercy is having your car start in the morning." How true is that? The lord doesnt HAVE to have our car start every morning, but it does, because He loves us. It definatly made me realize, what other things do I have that I take for granted? I am currently training for a half marathon and ran 4 miles last night. I ran those 4 miles slower than I had anticipated and I was a little upset about that. I had no right to be upset though. I have a good enough back and knees to be able to run, I didnt get hit by a car while running, and most of all, I was able to run 4 miles fairly easily. Instead of looking back at thinking "I should have done better" I need to look back and look and all those blessings!
Another thing I am grateful for is my friends. I have the worlds most amazing friends. Friends that I can talk to whenever I need. Friends that listen to me rant and rave about something that has upset me, and just give words of encouragement and ask what they can do to further help me. I know without my friends I would not be able to make it through all the trying times that I have had lately. I have also realized how important it is to have good friends, friends that lift you and want to help you be a better person. If you dont have friends like that currently, maybe you should start looking for new friends. It will make a huge difference in your life! I know from experience.
Im grateful for my family, but I have covered them in a blog before so I wont go in to detail in this blog. Last I am grateful for for my church. I am soo glad I went to church today. I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for all the blessing that my Heaving Father has given to me. I am thankful to know I am loved, and for the scriptures. All in all I am very grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
I am grateful for sooo many more things, but I dont want to bore you all to death with them all. :)
These are all my thoughts for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment