Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Goodbye 2011, HELLO 2012!!

I know it's a week into the new year, but I decided to avoid the 5 million people who are posting about the new year and do it a week later! :D Anyway... 2011 was a big year of learning. I had my first official boyfriend, and my first breakup, my first bad car wreck/ totaled car, my first experience buy a car on my own, I got laid off from a job for the first time, and to finish the year I ran my first half marathon.

A few other things that happened this year, is figuring out I'm intolerant to a lot of foods and loosing a lot of weight when going off of them. Figuring out what I want to do with my life, and going for it. I also made a ton of new friends this year, good and bad. I have been playing on a Ultimate Frisbee team (the best ever!), a softball team, and playing volleyball with the branch. All in all 2011 was a great year!
Looking back at the last year, I actually have huge hopes and goals for what I will accomplish this year, and already it has been an amazing year. Here are a few of my goals for this year

1. Continue running. Run at least one more half marathon and beat my time.
2. Get all A's in school this year.
3. Continue dating.
4. Fulfill my calling, no wait ROCK at my calling.
5. Become less centered on me, and do more service.
6. Two words. Bed time.
7. Don't turn down a talk in church.
8. Start a journal and write all my stories in them so one day I can tell them all to my children.

There are more, but I want to keep this simple. :)
As for number 7. That will be fulfilled in 2 weeks, as I got asked to speak in church in 2 weeks. :S Hopefully I will do well!!

I brought in 2012 by going to a fun dance party in Chandler. It was fun, and the group was great! I couldnt have asked for a better way to bring in another great year! Then Wednesday night I went to DDP (decentralized dance party)- which was awesome! And one of a kind - one of those awesome stories I hope to tell my kinds one day. Well its a little late, and I have to work on #6.

~~That's all for now from the thoughts of Jess~~

No comments:

Post a Comment