
Back in Febuary I started a job working as a nanny for a 4 year old boy. It was the most wonderful, yet time consuming and exhausting job. I loved going to work, and I loved that little boy. Most days were filled with happiness, frustration, tears and love. It definately started to prepare me for motherhood, and definately opened my eyes to motherhood. At about the same time I started that job, I started dating my current boyfriend. He supported me fully with that job, and would do what he could to help me.

After about a month of nannying I got a call from a store that I had filled out a application for a while ago. It was Lane Bryant and they called me in for an interview. I decided to go in for the interview and I was hired the same day. It was very bitter sweet leaving my little 4 year old that I had grown to love so much, but I knew it was what I needed in my life at the time. LAne bryant had promised me enough hours to pay my bills, but as time progressed I was still not making enough, so I started looking for another job. I came across an ad for Banfield; the pet hospital, and decided to apply. I went in for an interview and ended up being late due to traffic and understimating the distance I had to drive. I did the interview anyway and appologized greatly for being late, but as I left the interview I was sure I didnt have the job. I called and talked to my mom about who reassured me that it wasnt as bad as I thought and that she was praying for me but I just knew I didnt get it.
2 days later I recieve a call from an unknown number and (as usual) I dont answer and let it go to voicemail. It was a call from banfield, and they wanted me to come back for a second interview. I just about died. I didnt think there any way I would have made it passed the first interview, but I was determined to show them that I wasn't a slacker. I went to my second interview and showed up a half hour early. That same day I was called and offered the job! :)

So as of now, I work at Banfield, Lane Bryant, and AVS. As well as volunteer on Friday nights to help a non-profit organization called Hoofbeats with Heart with a Gymkhana to raise money. As busy as it sounds ( and is) I couldnt be happier. I love all my jobs, and I love the people I work with. I also have the best boyfriend ever who puts up with constant change in plans due to long hours at work, moodiness due to the same thing, and some days not seeing me. I dont know how I got so lucky to have him, but I sure am lucky and blessed.

Another thing I have started doing recently is Swing Dancing. My dear friend Keith is slightly obsessed with it, and got me going. I go with Justin almost weekly to learn and dance. It is sooo much fun! I think everyone should learn how to swing. Its a good way to meet new people, and a fun thing to do on the weekends.

Well I think that is enough for now. sorry for boring you. :p
No comments:
Post a Comment