Don't get me wrong, I mean, I all of a sudden have a lot of time on my hands, but I swear school is harder than I ever remembered it being, and all of a sudden, I feel lost with too much time on my hands! I recently started with chronic anxiety, also known as GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) and I'm pretty sure A LOT of it is from school. Last week, I woke up with a complete feeling of dread. I had no reason for it, that i could think of, but I couldn't shake the feeling. My heart was racing, my hands were cold, I couldn't eat and I felt like I couldn't catch my breath, I called my Doctor and couldn't get in for a few days. I spent 3 days pacing the floors of my house with no relief and finally decided a visit to the ER was worth it. I had finally found some relief! they started me on some medications and told me to follow up still with my regular doc.Monday afternoon at my appointment, we went over vitamins/suppliments, medical history, etc and drew some blood. I was really hoping they would find something in my blood work, but it all came back normal. It really was all in my head. so I contacted my schools counseling services, and i have begun counseling for my anxiety/possible depression.
Its been a rough few weeks, but I have learned just how great my friends are. I had a lot of people contact me, letting me know they also have anxiety and giving me tips/ suggestions or even just a listening ear. And my teachers at school allowed me to reschedule tests or get notes from class, and helped me find the counseling services. I honestly don't know where I would be without having such great people to help me. My husband has been the greatest strength and support for me through this as well. I really must have done something great to deserve a guy as amazing as he is.
It hasn't been all bad these last few weeks though. Justin and I flew to Utah and finally got to meet my cute nephew, baby G. we went to the Aquarium in Utah and we all LOVED it. I especially loved just being around his sweet spirit. He is one of those babys that you cant help but be happy around because he is always happy and smiling. Every morning I was there I was greeted with a Huge smile from him, and sometimes I would catch him looking at me and he would laugh. I already miss him.
While we were at the aquarium, he caught a bad cold, and is in the hospital right now with RSV. please keep him in your prayers. He is improving every day.
baby G and Justin had a lot of bonding time as well. I cant wait for the day that I am able to make Justin a father. He is going to be such a good one.
We also got to take family photos while we were, since it has been a few years. we went to Utah lake and took photos out there. it was fun and crazy as always. Mike was climbing up trees, we were interrupting dates, and it would take us forever to take a picture (typical for my family) it was fun, and it will be fun looking back.
Well... that's my life in a nutshell right now. ta ta for now

No comments:
Post a Comment