Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Christmas and Phase one of the move
Christmas is over and now I have to act like an adult again. Drats! :) I love christmas and I'm sad to see it already over. This christmas was me and Justins first christmas together. It was also my first Christmas in Arizona. It ended up being a nice quiet day that we spent together, just the two of us. :) we opened presents and just spent the day being lazy.
Earlier in December my parents came down to see us and to spend time with us. We went to a house here in mesa with model trains through the whole backyard. It was very cool to see. The people living there must have spent a long time building up the collection.
After seeing that we went on a drive to see Christmas lights. We aw a house that has lights that go along with music playing, and we also went and saw the Mesa LDS temple lights. They were very cool. My parents were unable to stay real long and we were sad to see them go.
Today is New Years Eve and Justin and I are officially moved out of our apartment. Yesterday was our moving day. It ended up taking longer than expected, but went fairly smoothly. We rented a uhaul and hauled our stuff to the middle of Phoenix to ABF to fill a trailer with our stuff. They are shipping it over to us. Filling the Uhaul was a little crazy. We found out very quickly that a King sized bed doesn't fit into a 10 foot truck. It took us a while to figure out how we were going to haul it and we were finally able to squeeze it into the very top. We were able to fit all of our stuff that we wanted to and headed over.
It took us a while to find the location but we found it. We pulled in and found out that instead of having a pod, we actually got a full trailer. We measured off 7 feet (since that was what we ordered) put the loading ramp up to the trailer and started to unload. It was actually very easy.
After we had finished we had to figure out how to put in the bulkhead and how to lock it up. We figured out the bulkhead very quickly but our locks we had brought didn't fit! Luckily the nice people inside told us where the nearest Walmart was. We rushed over and got some locks and finished up.
It was a very long day. I have figured out today we went up and down the flight of stairs at our apartment (36 stairs) at least 25 times.
Today we cleaned to apartment and turned in our keys. I am kind of sad to say goodbye, but excited for our new adventure. I really hope our new apartment is ok. If its even half as nice as the one we were in I think I will be ok.
7 days from today and we leave for our new home in Midland Texas. I hope I'll survive!
Happy New Years!
-The Whatcotts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment